Those who did not reserve, I have ready stock of 4 bottles up for grab ! Contact me earlier !
Brand : Really Raw® Honey, USA. Ingredients : 100% raw honey Size : 2lb 10oz. Shelf Life : indefinite Storage : Cool, dry place, not necessary to be refrigerated Organic : no Kosher: no Retail Price at Guardian : SGD114 Price After Discount at Guardian : SGD102.60
1. Honey is sweeter than table sugar. Fact. Honey is sweeter than table sugar, so you use less of it. Honey Nutrition Facts
2. Honey is best taken when mixed in hot water. Myth. Avoid adding piping hot water to honey, as this would not only reduce the aroma and flavour of the honey, but also destroy the natural enzymes present in it. Honey Storage Tips
3. Honey should not be scooped using a metal spoon. Myth. Honey is acidic, but scooping it with a metal spoon is such a quick action that corrosion of the metal is unlikely.
4. Honey never spoils, even when it’s stored opened. Myth. Honey absorbs moisture from the air when left opened, and this leads to fermentation.
5. Honey comes in the liquid, cream, and powder form. Myth. Honey comes in the liquid and cream form, but not in the powder form. Who Says Cactus Honey Powder is Honey!
6. Honey’s quality is not affected by crystallisation. Fact. Crystallisation does not affect the quality and nutritional value of honey.
7. Honey is a healthier choice than artificial sugar. Fact. Artificial sugars can cause more harm than you know.
8. Honey contains no cholesterol. Fact. Honey is free of cholesterol.
9. Honey contains a tiny amount of fat. Myth. Honey is fat-free.
10. Honey helps burn fats when we sleep. Fact. Acording to the Hibernation Diet , honey is the best fuel for burning fats while we sleep.
Honey contains fewer calories than sugar. It contains fructose and glucose which are easily assimilated by the body. Glucose and fructose are also called a monosaccharide.
These monosaccharides (simple sugars) do not have to be processed by the body – they enter the bloodstream easily and together do not produce as much of a blood sugar rush. Fructose specifically is much more slowly absorbed than glucose.
On the other hand, white table sugar is “foreign” to the human body, called a disaccharide. A disaccharide (sucrose) has to be broken into glucose down by the small intestines before entering the bloodstream. So this is more work on the body and more work by the pancreas and causes more of an insulin “rush” or crash after consumption.
For the same sweetness, 1 TBSP Honey = 1 ½ to 2 TBSP Sugar.
As you can see, using raw honey provides fewer calories but the same sweetness. This is because of the monosaccharide content.
Here are some more ways to utilize the healing power of honey:
BURNS - Apply freely over burns. It cools, removes pain and aids fast healing without scarring. Apart from being a salve and an antibiotic, bacteria simply cannot survive in honey.
BED WETTING - A teaspoon of honey before bed aids water retention and calms fears in children.
INSOMNIA - A dessertspoon of honey in a mug of warm milk aids sleep and works wonders.
HYPERACTIVITY - Replace all use of white sugar with honey. White sugar is highly stimulating with no food qualities. Honey provides the energy without the "spike."
NASAL CONGESTION - Place a dessertspoon of honey in a basin of water and inhale fumes after covering your head with a towel over the basin. Very effective!
FATIGUE - Dissolve a dessertspoon of honey in warm water or quarter honey balance of water in a jug and keep in the fridge. Honey is primarily fructose and glucose, so it's quickly absorbed by the digestive system. Honey is a unique natural stabilizer: Ancient Greek athletes took honey for stamina before competing and as a reviver after competition.
FACIAL DEEP CLEANSER - Mix honey with an equal quantity of oatmeal, and apply as a face pack. Leave on for half an hour, then wash it off. Great as a deep cleanser for acne and other unwanted blemishes.
POOR DIGESTION - Mix honey with an equal quantity of apple cider vinegar and dilute to taste with water. This is also wonderful for the joints – and promotes weight loss.
HAIR CONDITIONER - Mix honey with an equal quantity of olive oil, cover head with a warm tower for half an hour then shampoo off. Feeds hair and scalp. Your hair will never look or feel better!
SORE THROATS - Let a teaspoon of honey melt in the back of the mouth and trickle down the throat. Eases inflamed raw tissues.
FOR STRESS - Honey in water is a stabilizer, calming highs and raising lows. Use approximately 25 percent honey to water.
ANEMIA - Honey is the best blood enricher by raising corpuscle content. The darker the honey, the more minerals it contains.
FOOD PRESERVATIVE – If you replace the sugar in cake and cookie recipes with honey, they'll stay fresher longer due to honey's natural antibacterial properties. Reduce liquids in the mixture by about one-fifth to allow for the moisture present in the in honey.
BABY'S BOTTLE - Four teaspoons of honey to a baby's bottle of water is an excellent pacifier and multivitamin additive. If the baby's motions are too liquid, then reduce the honey by half a teaspoon; if too solid increase by half a teaspoon. (Caution: Don't give raw honey to babies under 1 year old; it's just too rich.) For teething, honey rubbed on a baby's gums is also a mild sedative and anesthetic.
OSTEOPOROSIS – Research has shown that a teaspoon of honey per day aids calcium utilization and prevents osteoporosis – probably not a bad idea for anyone over 50.
LONGEVITY - The most long-lived people in the world are all regular users of honey. An interesting fact, yet to be explained, is that beekeepers suffer less from cancer and arthritis than any other occupational group worldwide.
MIGRAINE - Use a dessertspoon of honey dissolved in half a glass of warm water. Sip at the start of a migraine attack, and, if necessary, repeat after another 20 minutes.
CONJUNCTIVITIS - Dissolve honey in an equal quantity of warm water. When cooled, apply as a lotion or eye bath.
COUGH MIXTURE – Combine 6 ounces (170 grams) liquid honey, 2 ounces (55 grams) glycerin and the juice of two lemons. Mix well. Bottle and cork firmly, and use as required.